8 Outerwear picks for transitional weather
The humble chore jacket is everything workwear is supposed to be. It’s functional, comfortable and robust. Just as the daily needs of the average man have changed over the years, so to the chore jacket’s silhouette has had a slight update in recent times. Whereas the original chore jacket, worn by rain battered sheet metal workers in the 1920’s was intentionally oversized, most modern day chore jackets / overshirts have a slightly more tailored fit. After all, many of us are far more likely to wear ours to pick up a flat white or meet friends than we are to endure tough manual labour.
Below : I’ve rounded up a selection of chore jackets / overshirt for Spring 2018 and tried to include something for everyone’s budget. There will be days when it’s too hot to layer up but let’s face it, with our climate – you’ll be getting plenty of wear out of these in the next month or two. What’s better is, they’ll be perfect for transitioning in AW18 too.
1. Carhartt WIP Michigan Chore Jacket In Green – £110 – Asos
2. A Days March Field Jacket – £120 – Opumo
3. Levis Engineers 2.0 Coat – £85 – ASOS
4. Universal Works Bakers Coat – £189 – Oi Polloi
5. MHL by Margaret Howell Cotton Canvas Jacket – £425 – Mr Porter
6. Everyday Four Pocket Worker Shirt – £58 – Farnol
7. Jigsaw Chore Jacket – £249 £99 – Jigsaw
8. Dickies Brookiew Chore Jacket – £75 – Asos